Position Overview: Lab Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of all laboratory-related functions and personnel supporting the Master Melt alloy production process. Responsible for developing procedural standards and a comprehensive training program for lab technicians. Develop and implement practices that meet the requirements of NADCAP. Will provide technical leadership in the fields of chemistry and metallurgy to support Operations and Engineering. Will be the single point of authority preparing for and completing required audits or certifications.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to operate all lab equipment involved in chemical composition analysis, interpret the results, and provide guidance based on the data. This includes XRF, OES, IGA, and GDMS.
- Work closely with lab technicians to ensure all specifications and procedures are understood and followed
- Operate the laboratory in an environment that utilizes LEAN & Six-Sigma principles
- Research and understand the latest lab processes, techniques, and equipment – recommending changes as needed in order to ensure CPP maintains an industry leading laboratory
- Lead project efforts that result in significant improvements to our current technical capabilities and/or cost reductions
- Provide necessary education to internal and external customers to enable a better understanding of the processes
- Interface with the Manufacturing personnel regarding defect identification, root cause, and effective corrective action.
- Provide technical support to Sales and the Business Units during part quotations and the review of drawings and specifications as needed.
- Provide technical support and conduct all necessary customer and supplier communications dealing with metallurgical issues of product. Service the customer needs in the areas of metallurgical questions and concerns and general good will.
- Education: Masters degree (desired but not required) in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering or a Bachelors in Chemistry (desired but not required). Other engineering disciplines will also be considered based on experience/education.
- Experience: Familiarity with the investment casting industry and related processes, experience with stainless steel, cobalt, and nickel alloy systems, metallography, SEM, and other defect analysis methodology, previous experience in a NADCAP / AS9100 accredited laboratory is desirable. Knowledge of LIMS is also desirable.
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized life insurance. CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs