Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for Engineering Interns to join our team. Engineering Interns will be assigned to Production Engineering working cooperatively with manufacturing to develop robust processes and tooling to support the company’s growth in the industrial and aerospace sand casting markets.
- Assist foundry with troubleshooting engineering issues in the foundry and rework areas
- Document work procedures and processes (i.e.. Technique cards)
- Model castings and gating through SolidWorks
- Develop, maintain, and teach “best practice” casting procedures and practices.
- Collect data for analysis using various data analysis techniques (statistical, mathematical, DOE, 6 Sigma, etc.)
- Able to interpret customer drawings, specifications, models (CAD), and layout reports
- Good written and oral communication skills required to develop internal job instructions
- Identify, evaluate and implement new process technologies that advance manufacturing and product capabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Good verbal communications with all levels of management, manufacturing and customer engineering groups.
- Working on a BS in Engineering in your Junior or Senior Year (tooling design, and CAD, SolidWorks experience).
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), PC skills.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Motivated individual with data driven problem solving techniques.
- Mininum of 20 hrs/wk
- Minimum of 3 days
- Flexible hours during tests/finals
Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
Consolidated Precision Products - Cudahy is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Cudahy is a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products and as such is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This is a non-management position
This is an internship position