This is a great opportunity in a growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! CPP offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes a bonus program that is paid quarterly, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, paid vacation & holidays, including safety boots, company-supplied tools, paid training, defined career progression within the team and many opportunities to pick up overtime shifts.
Compensation: $25 - $35 Per Hour
Hours: In Office M-F 6:00 am - 2:30 pm or In Office M-F 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Buyer develops and maintains relationships with machine shops in order to plan and execute purchase orders for materials or services using MRP or Other authorized documentation to ensure inventory coverage, best possible value/quality to meet or exceed Onamac standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensure MRP/ Work orders reflect material purchases and or movement of assets while ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures to purchase products or services
- Pick up and deliver materials to machine shops as required with company vehicle
- Analyze support material requirements and execute order fulfillment purchase orders to ensure service level requirements
- Source new outside machine shops to ensure adequate capacity for offloading work
- Provide technical machining details to suppliers with target pricing and forecast data
- Take action upon receipt of daily exceptions/material alerts in order to sustain required material service levels. Run open order reports to hold suppliers accountable to confirmed dock dates, working to obtain recovery dates to be entered into system
- Identify and resolve supply chain related problems in day-to-day activities in an effort to increase overall efficiency and productivity. Coordinates return of rejected or unsuitable orders
- Resolve inventory transaction errors, identifying root-cause and resolve through appropriate transactions in MRP
- Compiles & records pertinent purchasing Data. Purchase order, purchase requirements, Confirmation, etc.
- Work with Estimating department to provide new quotes on materials or processes as required
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to gather and process data by communicating essential information to Mgmt for direction/final decisions when required
- Knowledge of supply chain materials management models with preference in the aerospace market sector
- Superior initiative and creative problem solving skills; demonstrate effective interpersonal and analytical skills
- Flexible, multi-task oriented and adaptable to changing priorities from day-to-day
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Must have clean driving record
- Minimum 1-2 Years purchasing of products & services.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Planning/Organizing: Must be very organized and able to prioritize multiple projects/tasks simultaneously, able to maintain focus despite numerous interruptions
- Behavior/Work Management Skills: Employee must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements. Must be able to promote a participative, team-oriented environment, working with customers, all employees, vendors and others in a professional and respectful manner. Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information in English and respond to questions from groups of employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Adaptability: Adapt to change; React well under pressure; Manage competing priorities.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in-group problem solving situations.
Work may be performed in an office environment or the manufacturing area of the facility which may require use of safety glasses and hearing protection. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, dirt, noise, odors, fumes, vapor from coolant, etc. may also be encountered when in the manufacturing areas to varying degrees.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position