Process Materials Engineer
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Process Materials Engineer establishes parameters and controls front end processes with the goal of producing defect free castings. The position oversees the technical metallurgical requirements for Casting, Heat Treating, Welding and Mastermelt departments. This position requires solid problem-solving skills with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate product quality and recommend and implement process changes to obtain a Cpk of 1.33 or greater.
- Write control procedures to define processes and establish control limits.
- Refine processes through the development of new techniques, materials, equipment, and reestablishing control limits.
- Determine and specify through statistical evaluation, the acceptable levels for process variables to ensure product quality.
- Recommend and approve material that could improve product quality.
- Obtain Nadcap certification for welding and support heat treat audits.
- Responsible for completion of Accident Investigation forms for any incidents in department.
- Responsible for implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures
- Ensure problems are correctly identified and cost-effective solutions are implemented. Initiate improvements to save material, labor, and energy costs.
- Initiate improvements to save material, labor, and energy costs
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and practices
- Representative of the company in off-site Project/Technical meetings and seminars.
- Participates in audits as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a US Person
- Education: BS in Metallurgy/Materials Engineering or Ceramics Engineering preferred, other engineering disciplines will be considered based on experience and education.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of Foundry experience. Experience with Titanium alloys preferred (Ti 6-4, 6-2-4-2).
- Certifications/Licenses: None
- Working Environment: Office Environment and engagement with operations on shop floor.
- Physical Demands: Sitting/Standing for extended periods of time, able to lift to 20lbs, extended periods of time using a computer screen.
- Travel Requirements: 5-10%
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in.
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Steel toe shoes: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Day Shift
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position