Metals Finisher - Aerospace Manufacturing Titanium - Swing Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Metal Finisher I removes imperfections and defects from titanium castings using various grinding tools and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a pneumatic hand grinder to remove imperfections from metal castings.
- Inspect work using appropriate measuring tools, provided to ensure requirements are met.
- Operate a belt grinding machine to surface grind and blend welds on castings.
- Measure parts and visually inspect castings for defects and mark in appropriate manner.
- Ensure appropriate paperwork remains with castings before and after process.
- Maintain workstation in a clean and safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Demonstrated abilities:
- Follow written instructions such as tech cards, routers, and other approved written instructions.
- Continuous mental and/or visual attention to detail.
- Maintain quantity requirements while maintaining quality requirements.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Understand and follow verbal instructions from trainer or supervisor.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Swing Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position