Automation Engineer - Titanium Manufacturing
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Automation Engineer reports to the Process Engineering Manager and is responsible for maintaining and improving the functionality and performance of mission critical automation and control systems in an industrial environment. The Position will work with Maintenance, Operations, Quality, Information Technology, and Facilities to accomplish goals related to automation, process, and quality improvements, cost reduction, and equipment obsolescence and integration.
- Design, implement, and integrate controls and automation systems
- Analyze and troubleshoot equipment and process problems using control systems, SCADA, data archive, and analysis tools
- Lead, execute, and be accountable for large projects with limited supervision
- Design and administer automation system training packages
- Upgrade insufficient, obsolete, and inefficient systems to robust modern systems
- Implement controls and automation solutions to improve equipment reliability
- Prepare specification for purchase of material, components, systems, services, and equipment
- Oversee, direct, and supervise contractors and consultants during construction, modification, and installation of automation equipment, facilities, and systems
- Lead/participate in problem-solving activities; engineer and implement solutions
- Analyze process data and support continuous improvement efforts
- Support operations to optimize process performance
- Manage special projects as directed
- Programing Industrial robots
- Work collaboratively with OEM Automation sources
- Participate in the startup and ongoing support of automation cells.
- Be the SME for Automation and active Automated cells
- Development automation sustainability by training and guiding robot operators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Industrial control systems architecture and configuration
- Programmable Automation Controllers
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Vision Systems
- High speed / multi-axis motion control
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition
- Capital funding and accounting practices
- Required PM’s for major automation components including robots
- Advanced computer and software skills
- Project management
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Must be a self-starter and team player who works well with others and has a positive attitude
- Reading and interpreting schematics/blueprints
- Work independently and within a team
- Plan and monitor multiple projects simultaneously
- Read and understand technical manuals, schematics, and technical drawings
- Apply safe work practices in an Industrial environment
- Must be organized, detailed and able to complete a task on time
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with exposure to Automation, Programming, or control systems
- 2 years of experience in a Production Environment
- Majority of job duties performed in a typical office setting
- Frequent trips into Industrial manufacturing environment. Exposure to noise, vibration, heat/cold, and industrial mobile equipment.
- Travel as needed <15%
- May need to work outside normal hours temporarily/infrequently. Work around production requirements/schedules, supporting Automation Engineering projects.
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position