Instrument Control Technician - Titanium Manufacturing
If you love working with your hands and want stability, full time hours, and opportunities for growth and advancement, then Selmet may be the right fit for you! We have been in business in Albany, OR since 1983 and are a world-class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. We are conveniently located off I-5 for easy access from surrounding areas. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, and other great benefits!
Provide technical support for plant manufacturing operations, engineering, and maintenance personnel. Areas of responsibility include; startup, modification, maintenance, and troubleshooting of industrial automated equipment, using safe work procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, both Relay controlled, and Programmable Logic Controlled.
- Set-up, calibrate, and troubleshoot a wide range of analog and discrete instrumentation.
- Update and modify existing PLC programs, HMI interfaces, SCADA system, PC software, Firmware, etc.
- Build, implement, modify, maintain, and troubleshoot industrial control systems based on specifications, schematics, P&ID’s, and bill of materials.
- Ability to reverse engineer machine control systems for troubleshooting purposes.
- Assist the maintenance and facilities team on non-control jobs such as breakdowns, mechanical installs, general troubleshooting, etc…
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possession of a valid Oregon Electrical Contractor License (Limited Building Maintenance Electrician or higher).
- Associate or Technical degree/certificate in industrial control systems, instrumentation, or related electronic technology or five (5) years or more experience in instrumentation or equivalent electrical technology field writing/editing logic, implementing new systems, and troubleshooting existing systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley products, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, Studio5000, RSView, Connected Components Workbench, RSLinx, ABB VFD’s, motor controls, Electrical Control Panels and components, and automated machinery.
- Experience with level, pressure, flow, temperature, analytical instruments, as well as switches and other discrete instrumentation.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, schematics, P&ID’s, loop diagrams, etc.
- Experience with safety systems and implementation of safe control methods.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows Based PC’s and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Three (3) years or more maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience programming/troubleshooting Robotic systems – specifically Fanuc
- Experience working with and troubleshooting pneumatic systems with controls
- Experience with DC Power Rectification troubleshooting
- Experience with Hydraulic Control systems
- Experience with RFID technology
- Experience with Ignition/Wonderware/Aveva SCADA products
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network technology
- Experience in the metals industry.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in performance of duties.
- The job is often performed under somewhat disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Day Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position