Consolidated Precision Products (CPP-Cudahy) has an immediate need for 2 Foundry helpers in 2nd shift. This position reports to the Operations Supervisor and performs tasks necessary in the preparation of molds.
Interested candidates should apply at www.cppcorp.com/careers or call (323) 773-2363 x1126 for more information
Foundry helpers perform general labor duties required in the foundry.
- Supplies or holds materials or tools, transports material from one department to another.
- Loading or unloading casting furnaces
- Organizes parts, and/or tools such as core boxes, chills, rods, loose pieces, locators or wires necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all documentation (Work Instructions, special instructions, etc.) to help ensure the best possible results.
- Assists with removing loose pieces from the core, placing all loose pieces, vent rods, risers, etc., in the box, pushing box toward next operation and stacking cores on skids or rollers.
- With training will set up and operates machinery utilized throughout the foundry (belt grind, saw, Airset, Forklift, etc.) consistent with established procedures and/or applications.
- Assist with general departmental clean-up which may include sweeping and shoveling of debris maintaining clean work area and equipment.
- Complies with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures.
- Be accountable for working safely by following all safety rules and safe work practices.
- Support foundry operators as needed
- Mechanically inclined.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Manufacturing/production operation experience desired
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends
- Able to lift 10-40 lbs
- Must have good attendance
With facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies. CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (super alloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold. In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly. We are an AS9100 registered company. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs