Manufacturing Supervisor - Aerospace Components - Day Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings and components for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, the Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a team/shift in the following prioritized areas: Safety, Quality, Throughput and Cost. The Manufacturing Supervisor leads and coaches a team, empowering production personnel to make informed and appropriate decisions guided by policies, procedures, and a business plan, and successfully meeting performance targets. The Manufacturing Supervisor identifies and resolves day-to-day technical and operational problems, using tact and diplomacy in the exchange of information. This role is focused on the Foundry and Knockout departments at Pacific Cast Technologies, Inc., a CPP Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a zero-injury culture through continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Maintain daily contacts and teamwork to foster trust, and ultimately, a larger group of active problem-solvers.
- Support life-threat programs and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate through continuous improvement of safety procedures, results that benefit all other areas of the business.
- Initiate and coordinate the hiring and termination process within the area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership, feedback, performance reviews, wage adjustments, personnel assignments, training program management, and coaching to production teams and individuals within direct reporting structure.
- Provide day-to-day supervision to a team including the coordination of activities and measuring/communicating performance versus plan.
- Resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions and applying technical experience and precedents.
- Collaboratively problem-solve with other functional groups such as engineering, quality, and maintenance.
- Lead specific projects with cross-functional teams to accomplish improvements.
- Ensure processing of parts according to established and documented procedures, requirements, and specifications.
- Responsible for team productivity, maintaining daily right-first-time performance measurements and leading/teaching problem-solving skills.
- Ensure on-time delivery and throughput of parts according to dispatch lists, priorities, and production systems.
- Contribute to the development of improved metrics for tracking individual and team achievement of objectives.
- Responsible for cost-effective optimization of equipment and labor through planning and appropriate scheduling of resources, team members, and production schedules to meet plan throughput.
Minimum Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Lean and/or continuous improvement knowledge required.
- Pull production methodologies.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with applications such as Microsoft Suite.
- Managing team and individual performance, and providing effective feedback.
- Coaching team members to encourage individual problem-solving.
- Work well-scoped projects from beginning to end.
- Convey concise written and verbal communication.
- Lead teams in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a lead or supervisor in a production environment required.
- Four year degree in Business, Science, or Engineering preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Must be willing/available to work/change shifts, as needed.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment
- Day Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs