X-Ray Reader - Aerospace Components - Swing Shift
The X-Ray Reader will utilize expertise in non-destructive testing to assure compliance with quality requirements of the company and customers. They will interpret radiographic images and document results in accordance with established technique cards, develop shooting techniques as required, calibrate equipment, and train X-Ray Shooters/Readers as needed.
- Perform non-destructive testing using radiographic images to determine casting quality and pinpoint corrections needed for discrepancies in parts.
- Utilize instructions for radiographic inspections of castings through technique cards.
- Evaluate each image to ensure uniform accuracy and image quality.
- Visually inspect each casting to identify areas that require improvements in casting or welding.
- Find areas of frequently occurring imperfections and consult engineering or other necessary departments.
- Endorse radiographic reports authorizing complete and accurate inspections have been performed and findings documented.
- Develop shooting techniques as required.
- Calibrate equipment and inspect radiographic equipment.
- Train others as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to understand all associated documentation and part routing procedures.
- Ability to maintain high quality ratings while also processing parts at an acceptable production speed.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Certificate of classroom training for 40 hours in Radiographic Inspection I and II is required.
- At least 1 year of experience working as a radiographer.
- RT, CR or DDA Level II certification from a previous employer, or be certifiable as Digital Level II in Radiographic Testing (40 hours classroom training plus 600 hours on-the-job training), is required.
- Please bring all radiographic training, OJT sheets and previous employer certification documents to interview if selected.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
Mental & Physical Demands typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must have vision acuity which meets test chart and color perception to distinguish and differentiate between colors used.
- Must be able to work outside department as required.
- Work may be performed in noisy areas, with odors and fumes present.
- Swing Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs