Darkroom Specialist - Aerospace Components - Day Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
A Darkroom Specialist manages support processes for the X-Ray department including film processing equipment and other support materials and waste.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform departmental tests including monthly archival test, darkroom lighting test, weekly water rinse test, and chemical tests.
- Change recycle water.
- Clean crossovers.
- Maintain used fixer and developer; label, store, prepare for shipping.
- Retrieve film from warehouse as needed.
- Change out silver reclaim columns as needed. Silver sample testing and silver reclamation. Box parts.
- Archive film.
- Requires individual to be organized and efficient with tasks and duties and requires an attention to details and ability to work as a team member.
- Any prior experience in film processing will be beneficial, along with ability to file data in alpha/numerical order.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Solid employment history.
- Able to understand, comprehend, and follow all verbal and written instructions.
- Individual must be organized and efficient with tasks and duties.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to work as a team member.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of standing and walking.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- High school level math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division required.
- Required to lift to eye level to stack film boxes onto storage shelves; use hand truck to move large quantities of boxes, bend, and reach. Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull amounts weighing up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Possess good communication skills at all levels within the organization.
- Able to interact effectively with co-workers and supervisors in a positive manner.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Prior experience in file processing is beneficial.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Must take a base line hearing test prior to starting.
- The job is performed under reasonably good working conditions with some exposure to noise, light changes, chemicals, temperature, and machinery.
- Day Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs