Knockout Operator - Aerospace Components - Weekend Night Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement then working for CPP and it's subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
Knockout Operator (Cleaning) will be responsible for removing shell material from titanium castings using mold pounding and core blast machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove wire and shell material from castings using a sledgehammer.
- Operate a mechanical hoist to load and unload castings from cart; involves pushing control buttons and attaching hoist chains to castings.
- Operate a bandsaw machine to cut up metal.
- Operate a waterblast machine.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- The physical effort applied in this job includes lifting, pulling, reaching, manipulating, carrying, pushing, and shoveling.
- Extensive repetitive motion of the hands, wrists and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Good attendance record required.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to withstand long periods of standing and walking.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels and in a fast-paced environment.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
- Previous experience operating a cutting torch is preferred.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, heat, cold, noise, and vibration.
- Must wear hearing and eye protection in performance of duties.
- The job is often performed under somewhat disagreeable working conditions; exposure to any or all of the mentioned elements is likely, with at least one present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Weekend Night Shift
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs