Quality Engineer II - Aerospace Parts
The Quality Engineer is responsible for driving quality forward by effective communication both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining configuration control documentation through contract review and blueprint/specification control.
- Works independently. Manages Multiple customer accounts including OEM's and sub tiers. Can perform as a backup QE for additional customers.
- Work with Engineering to submit waivers and concessions as required/requested.
- Work with Engineering review and submit First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- Participate in investigation and disposition of customer complaints and customer returns.
- Communicate and submit Corrective Actions as needed to customers and internally.
- Review purchase orders received and issued for customer related items.
- Internal quality representative for internal and external customers
- Achieve certification for customers source inspection as necessary, including completing training and certification.
- Responsible for working towards various continual improvement projects.
- May involve training/coaching.
- Must be Trained as Internal Auditor, participates in internal audits, external audits, special process audits, customer audits.
- Subject matter expert with customer specific requirements.
- Candidate may be assigned various other duties.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience 5+ years as a Quality Engineer or comparable quality discipline.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basics of using networks and network folders.
- Able to upload and download information from various customer websites.
- Communicate effectively via direct interactions (in person, conference call, group meetings), as well as indirectly via email for example.
- Write clear instructions for others to follow successfully.
- Well organized and able to multi-task effectively as well as use other recourses to accomplish tasks.
- Ability and willingness to work in a high-paced team-oriented environment.
- Positive attitude, willingness to get the job done.
- Read and understand blueprints, detailed customer specifications/requirements.
- Work independently and be self-directed.
- Experience in castings industry, experience with ISO9001 or AS9100 preferred but not required.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs