Journeyman Electrician/Millwright - Titanium Manufacturing - Swing Shift, Weekend Day Shift, and Weekend Graveyard Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The Maintenance Millwright/Electrician implements and expedites general maintenance functions, preventative maintenance and repair of manufacturing equipment, and improvement of the facilities. Depending on licensing, it may include electrical, pneumatic, vacuum, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, setup, service, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all types of machine control components and power transmission components with the support of Plant Supervising Electrician, for reliability of many types of industrial manufacturing equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the breakdown and correct the problem.
- Locate root cause and repair mechanical and electrical systems using sound troubleshooting methods to ensure that permanent repairs can be made to minimize costly downtime.
- Ensure operation of mechanical and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on machining lathes and mills, motors, pneumatic tools, and other production equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Use all required hand and power tools including, but not limited to; drill, saw, torch, and jacks, as well as ladders, cranes, high lift, and other maintenance equipment.
- Preferred; Ability to perform welding and fabrication (torch, mig, stick) of custom parts or to repair equipment to original condition.
- Maintain clear communication with supervisor and with production regarding equipment status of repair, and release to production.
- Provide proper record keeping, documentation, and information for, but not limited to; Machine, equipment and facility files.
- Perform installation, service, and repairs to buildings, facilities, and grounds including, but not limited to; doors, windows, structure and supports, guard rails and fencing, air handling and exhaust units, equipment foundations, and pavement.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Operate and/or maintain a variety of Tools and equipment.
- Must be familiar with the scope and limitation of the state licensing requirements in Electrical work.
- Arc flash, forklift, and arial platform training/experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical installations and equipment effectively.
- Demonstrated experience in electrical and/or electronic and mechanical maintenance including motors, controls, power supplies, AC/DC theory, power distribution, PLC's, hydraulics/pneumatics, lubrication, power transmission, pumps.
- Preferred; Experience in an industrial maintenance or millwright setting, with working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems preferred.
- Requires working knowledge of blueprints, technical part manuals and their application. This may include electrical and mechanical diagrams, gages, meters, calipers and other measuring tools.
- Oregon PJ, PS, or J Electrical license required.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow all established safe work procedures including, but not limited to personal protection equipment, safety lockout/tag-out, confined space, respiratory, and elevated work areas.
- Use all required hand and power tools including, but not limited to: drill, saw, torch, and jacks, as well as ladders, cranes, high lift, and other maintenance equipment.
- Must have some combination of Electrical and Millwright experience, knowledge, or licensing. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Swing Shift - Monday-Thursday ($1.00/hr. shift differential)
- Weekend Day Shift - Friday-Sunday ($1.25/hr. shift differential)
- Weekend Graveyard Shift - Friday-Sunday ($2.50/hr. shift differential)
- Must be available to handle weekend and emergency calls on a rotating basis.
- Overtime is required as needed.
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs