X-Ray Reader - Titanium Manufacturing - Swing Shift, Weekend Shift
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for advancement, then working for CPP and its subsidiaries may be the right fit for you! We have multiple facilities in Albany, OR and are a world class supplier of titanium castings for the aerospace industry. If you are selected to join our team you will enjoy benefits such as quarterly bonus, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), company paid life insurance, and other great benefits!
The NDT Level II - X-Ray Reader will utilize expertise in non-destructive testing to assure compliance with quality requirements of the company and customers. They will interpret radiographic images and document results in accordance with established technique cards, develop shooting techniques as required, calibrate equipment, and train X-Ray Shooters as needed.
- Perform non-destructive testing using radiographic images to determine casting quality and pinpoint corrections needed for discrepancies in parts.
- Utilize instructions for radiographic inspections of castings through technique cards.
- Evaluate each image to ensure uniform accuracy and image quality.
- Visually inspect each casting to identify areas that require improvements in casting or welding.
- Find areas of frequently occurring imperfections and consult engineering or other necessary departments.
- Endorse radiographic reports authorizing complete and accurate inspections have been performed and findings documented.
- Develop shooting techniques as required.
- Calibrate equipment and inspect radiographic equipment.
- Train others as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to understand all associated documentation and part routing procedures.
- Ability to maintain high quality ratings while also processing parts at an acceptable production speed.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- At least 1 year of experience working as an X-Ray Shooter.
- Please bring all radiographic training of OJT certificates in during interview if selected.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Candidates will remain as an X-Ray Shooter until all classroom, testing, and OJT hours required to be an X-Ray Reader have been completed.
- Must have vision acuity which meets test chart and color perception to distinguish and differentiate between colors used.
- Must be able to work outside department as required.
- Work may be performed in noisy areas, with odors and fumes present.
- Swing Shift Monday-Thursday ($1.00/hr. shift differential)
- Weekend Day Shift ($1.25/hr. shift differential)
Relocation assistance may be available to qualified candidates.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs