CPP Syracuse is looking for a production worker in our facility on 2nd shift to join our aerospace team! $2.00 2nd shift differential & $1,000 sign on bonus / 5% Bonus program / Hourly rate $21+ per hour
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) has an immediate need for an individual interested in a solid career in manufacturing. Purpose of this position is to perform the required duties relating to penetrant processing of product. Position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
Perform all required duties relating to the operation of X-ray machine to radiograph castings in accordance with X-ray technique and customer specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for shooting and processing of X-ray film.
- Ability to conduct tests and document data in accordance with codes, standards and other contractual documents.
- Ability to properly perform specific calibrations, tests and evaluations according to written instructions, and record the results.
- Must be able to shoot on all X-ray machines.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Must be organized, efficient, pay close attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Requires good communication and problem-solving skills and be ability to work well with others.
- 40 hours formal training in radiographic inspection. 400 hours of on-the–job training
- High school level math, including algebra required.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to stand all day.
- Previous experience operating an X-ray machine preferred.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred.
- Compliance with general company attendance standard is required.
- HS diploma or equivalent GED required, but candidates not meeting this requirement who possesses relevant experience will be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Solid job history including more than 1 year at previous or recent employer.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background check.
- Must be willing to participate in pre-employment and periodic drug screening.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineeredcomponents and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
U.S. person status is required for this position in order to comply with the Arms Export Control and Export Administration Act. U.S. persons are U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs