Manufacturing Manager – Wax Department
If you would love to be part of a company that is poised for substantial growth with opportunities for career advancement, then working for CPP may be the right fit for you! Join a results-oriented workplace that strives for success through innovation, collaboration, and teamwork.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) Eastlake is an investment casting foundry that specializes in complex aerospace & gas turbine components. With a stable business model and competitive compensation & benefits, CPP is a great option to consider as you look to make your next career move.
For more information, please visit https://www.cppcorp.com/
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Weekly Pay for Hourly Employees
- Comprehensive Benefit Plans
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
- 401k with Company Match
- Emphasis on Employee Engagement
- Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
The primary function of this position is to manage operations across shifts of a department in order to meet daily safety, quality, productivity, cost and team building requirements.
- Responsible for completion of Accident Investigation forms for any incidents in department across all shifts.
- Responsible for implementation of safety countermeasures and doing root cause analysis to determine appropriate safety changes that are needed to improve plant safety.
- Responsible to adhere to all site safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible to ensure standardized work is in place for all processes and adherence to quality process.
- Responsible for building and improving processes that make a quality product.
- Responsible for prevention of defects and scraps.
- Lead, support, and plan improvement using Systematic Problem Solving.
- Establish training plan and targets for critical jobs.
- Provide and oversee training and cross training plans.
- Apply and coach lean principles.
- Establish the standard condition and ensure quality throughput through respective department.
- Create weekly production schedule.
- Ensure production goals and schedules are accomplished.
- Manage staffing levels and requirements of the department.
- Follow Leader Standard Work.
- Accountable for timely preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Responsible to implement improvement plans.
- Responsible for resource planning in preparation for new product.
- Responsible for the Daily Accountability process in department.
- Propose equipment needs for capital project implementations and may also participate in project implementation.
- Ensure problems are correctly identified and cost-effective solutions are implemented.
- Initiate improvements to save material and energy costs.
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and practices.
- Resolve employee performance issues.
- Responsible for discipline issues including attendance, employee relations, and violations of company policies.
- Responsible for accurate employee time keeping utilizing E-time, tracking of attendance points and vacations.
- Develop employees for future positions.
- Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree; or 3 - 7 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Certifications/Licenses: N/A
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, understand and comprehend document such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, Oracle reports and Internal Methods Sheets (IMS). Ability to carry out instruction in written, oral or diagram form. Excellent team skills and able to interact with other employees, engineers, and leadership. Ability to report progress with engineers to solve issues.
- Mathematical Skills – ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills – Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and Manufacturing software. Knowledge of computers.
- Working Environment: Manufacturing/Factory environment.
- Required PPE: Check for required PPE in areas you may be working in
- Safety Glasses: Needed in all areas of the plant.
- Shoes/Boots: Steel toed needed in all areas of the plant.
NOTE: Consolidated Precision Products is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. It is the policy of the company to comply with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upon request, the company will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need an accommodation to fully participate in the application process. All roles are restricted to U.S. persons (U.S. citizens, permanent residents and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act) due to access to export-controlled technology. CPP will require proof of status prior to employment.
Note that we maintain a drug-free workplace, and all offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory results of a drug & background screen.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs