This position performs various surveying tasks, such as collecting data, recording survey field notes, operating survey equipment and performing survey-related calculations.
• Performs electronic data collection and performs quality control and quality assurance procedures on data collected. Records survey field notes and sketches in the field book.
• Performs construction staking, including grade staking, structure staking and large-scale infrastructure layout.
• Operates survey equipment such as Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, electronic total stations and hand-held computers.
• Clears brush and trees with chain saws and machetes, uses sledgehammers, post-hole diggers and post drivers to set survey stakes and monuments.
• Performs work by traveling with a small crew to various locations as scheduled.
• Coordination of survey, grading, drainage and utilities and layout of various site items is required
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
Successful candidate will be eligible for Holiday pay, healthcare, dental and vision, and begin earning paid time off (vacation) after 90 days of employment.
Hourly wage depends on experience. Time and a half paid for all hours worked over 40 hours per week. Overtime and Monday through Saturdays will be required.
Candidate must be able to pass pre-screening drug test, physical and background check.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position