The Learning Strategies Paraprofessional – Math Focused provides support to students with Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and other students who need assistance in meeting course standards, teacher expectations, and individual goals. The focus is in the following courses: Algebra I and Geometry. Support will be provided in the general education classroom under the supervision of a certified teacher or in Basic Skills classes.
Candidates must possess competence in the skills and concepts of Algebra I and Geometry as well as the ability to assist with other subjects as assigned. Candidates must be able to effectively work with high school students individually and in small groups, and to assist the teacher in meeting student needs.
- Re-teaching or re-explaining content individually or in small groups or assisting in classroom instruction
- Assisting students with their assignments and/or note-taking
- Building professional staff-student relationships and managing student behavior
- Providing accommodations contained in each student’s IEP and/or BIP
- Communicating with the teacher
- Keeping accurate records as assigned
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Contributing positively to school climate and supporting the school mission
- Follow all employee policies and practices
- Pass ParaPro examination or have 60 hours of college credit
- High school diploma
- Previous experience with children or students with special needs preferred
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work well with others and understand individual students’ needs
- Ability to teach and assist students in learning the concepts and skills in Algebra 1 (and Geometry - preferred)
- Willingness to participate in pre and ongoing training programs
- Excellent history of work attendance and punctuality
Start: August 2022
Location: Saint Joseph High School, South Bend, Indiana
Please include cover letter, resume, and professional references.
If you have questions, please contact Rachel Potter at email@example.com or 574-232-1140. Interested applicants should apply online at diocesefwsb.org/careers.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Close Date: Until Filled