The Board of Trustees is currently seeking applicants to fill the Executive Director (CEO) position. The Heart of Texas Region MHMR Center (the Center) serves Bosque, Falls, Freestone, Hill, Limestone, and McLennan counties, has an annual budget of $33 million, and serves some 11,000 individuals annually.
The CEO is employed by and accountable to the Board of Trustees for the overall operation of the Center. The CEO is responsible for the implementation of Board policy, program and administrative operations and the execution of proper fiscal growth and accountability. The CEO must work with local and state government personnel, citizens, advocacy groups, funding and regulatory agencies, and other human service provider organizations. The CEO is directly responsible for all personnel administration of Center staff.
Skills and Abilities:
Applicants should be prepared to address the following issues in their resume and/or the interview process:
- Demonstrated successful experience administering and managing a large and complex operating budget to include grant writing, grant management, and compliance;
- Stewardship and leadership skills with strategic and visionary planning to include but not be limited to budget development and succession planning;
- Understanding of the immediate needs of the mental health, IDD, substance abuse, and early intervention service systems in Texas and ability to effectively implement programs to meet those needs;
- Communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills with various audiences;
- Ability to use current technology and collected statistical and data analysis;
- Strong leadership ability with conflict resolution skills;
- Knowledge of financial issues as they apply to community centers;
- Knowledge of the role of CEO, Board, funding stream, and personnel management;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other community resources, agencies, political entities and the public;
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of human relations issues involving staff, individuals, parents, providers, and staff of state agencies and managed care organizations;
- Experience relating to management and minimization of a Center’s liability exposure;
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with significant business and management experience with healthcare related work experience preferred. Primary consideration will be given to degrees in the area of: business administration, psychology, social work, nursing, rehabilitation, public health, public administration, healthcare administration, special education or other healthcare/human service endeavors. Candidate should have at least eight years of management experience and five years of upper level management experience in a community mental health and intellectual/developmental disabilities center that employs at least 100 staff preferred; or a healthcare system of at least similar size, and extensive knowledge in contracting, billing, grants management, and human resource management. Professional experience with or within the Texas community center (BH/IDD) arena will be considered advantageous in consideration for this position.
Compensation Range Commensurate with Experience:
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs