Clinical Assistant/Assistant Peer Coordinator is responsible for providing oversight of peer related services in the veteran’s services program and ensures achievement of all contract agreement requirements. The position requires skills in volunteer management as well as program development. Marketing and establishing new community partnerships are a critical to recruitment and program growth. This person will promote an atmosphere conducive to cooperation and collaborative work among staff and volunteers which fosters morale, personnel development, program growth, and high quality of clinical care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, filing, answering a multi-lined telephone system, taking messages, delivering messages, maintaining appointment schedules, and writing.
- Conducts initial Financial Assessments for consumers seeking services and enters into Center's Financial Assessment software. Ensures phone numbers and addresses are updated in the CABS system and FA database.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, for case workers, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 10% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be SAMA and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of clerical experience in professional office or similar setting Required
- Military Experience Preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ste A, Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Veterans One Stop
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs