Performs entry-level computer systems analysis, operations, and reporting. Work involves entry, compiling, analyzing, and reporting information using various data systems and tools. Work additionally involves administration of elements in electronic data systems. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Collects, analyzes, corrects, and submits data from the electronic health record for submission to the State.
- Retrieves, analyzes, and compares information elements from the State to the information in the electronic health record.
- Collects, submits, and maintains the credential information for licensed personnel to ensure compliance with various State and health insurance organization requirements.
- Interacts with the electronic health record, in addition to State and other organization portals, to administrate user information and access.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes ad hoc, operational, and analytic reports using direct database queries and reporting tools.
- Utilizes data analysis tools and reports to compare and identify potential data issues between databases, reports, and/or other data systems.
- Analyzes new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, modifies, and implements new or revised systems to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
- Prepares charts, diagrams, tables, and flowcharts to assist in problem analysis and submits recommendations for solution.
- Assists in analyzing user needs, defining the systems' scope, documenting requirements, and translating them into functional specifications for the design of business systems.
- Assists in formulating logical descriptions of problems and devising optimum solutions.
- Assists with determining computer software or hardware needs required to set up or alter systems.
- May provide technical support as a high-level resource available for problem resolution or new feature creation.
- May assist in information systems security administration.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and keyboarding
- Excellent verbal communication with staff and outside companies
- Time management and organization required
- Some local and regional travel to Center offices
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, climbing ladders, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Safely lift and carry up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, management information systems, database administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with office data systems, analytics, and reporting tools. Preferred experience includes working with databases, analyzing data and systems, as well as utilizing report building software.
- Experience, certifications, and education may be substituted for one another.
- 2 years working with data and report tools (i.e., SQL, Crystal, SSRS, Excel, Access)Required
- Adobe, BI, and Telnet experience preferred.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $16.7875 hourly/$34,918 annually
Location: Main Center 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs