The LVN position will perform routine nursing duties to include assessment, care, and treatment of clients experiencing behavioral health crises. LVN will work under supervision of RN with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independence judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Administers medications, immunizations, and treatment as ordered by a physician and observes patients for unusual symptoms and reactions.
- Conducts physical, developmental, and nursing assessments of client health needs and implements appropriate action.
- Obtains lab specimens needed for routine labs (urine toxicology, pregnancy test, glucometer readings).
- Instructs, counsels, and assists clients in meeting their health care needs.
- Monitor clients in the crisis treatment center area for changes in behaviors or medical status.
- Screens crisis telephone calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Identifies community services and makes referrals to health care services.
- Assists in evaluating services provided and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participate in quality assurance reviews as required.
- Train other staff as required.
- Perform related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Travel to include transportation of clients throughout the local area to group homes and other settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED with a current and unencumbered licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas
- 1 Year of experience in psychiatric nursing preferred
- 1 year of experience as a licensed nurse required
Hours: 7P-7A 36 hr first week, 48 hr second week every other weekend off (Fri, Sat, Sun)
Salary: $41,60 annually/$20 hourly with $3.00 per hour weekend shift differential
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: Waco, TX
Key words: LVN
Department: Crisis Treatment Center
This is a full time position