This position is within the Texas Correctional Office on Offenders with Medical and Mental Impairments Regional Unit (TCOOMMI). This individual is responsible for completing clinical assessments to determine program eligibility or referral to appropriate resources. Provides recovery oriented case management services to adult mental health consumers. Coordinates services with Parole and Probation (Community Supervision and Corrections Department) and works closely with other community agencies to link clients to needed services.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Performs clinical assessments for determination of program eligibility or referral to appropriate services.
- Assists the client in completion of all required Center paperwork for admission and retention in the program.
- Provides recovery oriented case management services and psychosocial rehabilitative training as deemed necessary and in accordance with the individual’s treatment plan.
- Coordinates telepsych services.
- Works with TCOOMMI Adult Program to provide Continuity of Care Services.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Must possess a working knowledge of mental health treatment and diagnostics.
- Must have the ability to work well with a variety of individuals including staff, community providers, consumers and the general public.
- A working knowledge of TCOOMMI Services and psychosocial rehabilitative training is recommended.
- Must be able to communicate well with others in both an oral and written format.
- Must have strong organizational skills and have the ability to delegate to others and then monitor the completion of tasks.
- Excellent written communication and basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community partners
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 30% regional travel and 5% local travel.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in a human service field Required
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT full licensure Required
- 1 years of case management experience preferred
- 3 Year related work experience additional education may be substituted up to 2 years
Hours: M-F 8A-5P
Salary: $45,000 Annual
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: Groesbeck, Texas 76645
Department: 200 W State St Groesbeck Waco
This is a full time position