Caseworkers for Klaras Center for Families work with Mental Health staff, school personnel, and other community providers in an effort to meet therapeutic goals of adolescents in the mental health system in the McLennan County area. This person will implement rehabilitation treatment plans and provide case management and skills training.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Works with youth and their families in school, mental health, community, home or office settings.
- Works with school personnel for the purposes of creating and maintaining individualized service arrays for families.
- Provides case management and some skills training with children and families.
- Makes assessment and psychosocial evaluations and recommendations.
- Refers families of clients to appropriate social welfare and health agencies to obtain assistance.
- Performs Related Work as Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to consumer homes, school, and other community settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- I year Case Management preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $30,000-$36,172 ANNUALLY DOQ
Location: Klaras Center for Families
1105 Jefferson Ave. Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position