EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Responsible for safety monitoring by continuously being present in the youth’s immediate vicinity to provide ongoing assessment of the youth’s mental, emotional and physical status.
- Assure respite house environment is clean, and assist clinical staff with inventory, ordering, re-stocking, and organization of household.
- Implement program schedule utilizing curriculum to conduct therapeutic recreational interventions and facilitate skills training groups to improve skills needed to function appropriately and as independently as possible to increase community tenure.
- Deliver skilled mentoring and coaching in symptom management, personal hygiene, nutrition, food preparation, exercise, and community integration.
- Coordinate the distribution of information between department staff and other community agencies including returning phone calls, faxing documents, relaying messages, and receiving and making copies.
- Provide supervision and assistance with school assignments when indicated.
- Assist with program development and administrative tasks when indicated, to include but not limited to, outreach efforts through the provision of psychoeducation and mental health awareness to community partners, agencies and families.
- Provide transportation to youth receiving crisis services, or in support of crisis follow-up and relapse prevention services, from one location to another. Transportation services may also be provided to/from community outings or as need arises.
- Consistently and accurately write clinical and administrative documentation as directed. Adhere to regulatory requirements and follow all safety, medical and administrative procedures and protocols.
- Monitor and document self-administration of medication, determine the effectiveness of medication, identify side effects of medications, and emphasize the importance of taking medications as prescribed.
- Provide reimbursable paraprofessional services to include; skilled mentoring and coaching, paraprofessional aid, job placement support, and/or short-term in-home crisis respite to caregivers to minimize the need for admission into the crisis respite facility, to those clients enrolled in the YES Waiver program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Frequent travel to provide services for clients, including 20% local travel.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Work experience in an inpatient setting Preferred
- Food preparation experience Preferred
Hours: Sat-Sun 8AM to 8PM with possible variation
Salary: $14,400 Salary / $11.53 Hourly
Location: 7452 S 3rd St , Waco, TX
Department: Klaras Center for Families Crisis Respite
This is a part time position