Performs routine clerical duties for the IDD Nursing Department providing services to individuals with intellectual disabilities. Is responsible for scheduling medical appointments and transportation coordinating with the medical professionals, nurses and staff to ensure appointments are completed. Notify staff, families of upcoming appointments. Send proper paperwork to individual’s appointments and ensure all paperwork is returned. Works under moderate supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Phone contact with medical providers in the community to coordinate appointments.
- Places scheduled appointments on appropriate calendar. ICF, HCS/TXHL medical and dental. TXHL medical only.
- Phone or email to coordinate transportation for medical appointments.
- Notifies appropriate staff and consumers/families of upcoming appointments
- Ensures all appropriate tracking forms are sent/faxed to medical appointments
- Ensures all appropriate tracking forms are returned and dispensed to appropriate nurse.
- Files billing notes from nursing after reviewed by supervisor.
- Turns paperwork in for filing for medical records.
- Updates insurance cards in appropriate folder as needed
- Ensures all fax numbers for medical services are updated as needed
- Vouchers mileage logs for individuals in the department
- Vouchers reimbursement/ payment for staff, medical suppliers and services.
- Coordinates with the medical supply company for medical supplies.
- Ensures acceptable amount of office supplies are available and orders as needed.
- Ensures copier has toner and paper.
- Acts as backup switchboard operator during lunch and when primary is on leave.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and telephone skills;
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, towards Center employees, clients, and the community;
- Must demonstrate reliability, and dependability as related to attendance;
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management;
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing for prolonged periods and occasional lifting up to 15 pounds;
- Works mainly in office setting but there will be driving to other offices and running errands;
- Ability to be CPR/First Aid and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year related work experience in medical office setting strongly preferred
Hours: 8 AM-5 PM M-F
Salary: $19,282 annually/$9.2702 hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 3420 W Waco Dr, Waco
Department: Developmental Services
This is a full time position