Provides nursing services to children and adolescents served by Klaras Center for Families. Works under the general supervision of KCF’s Psychiatric Clinic Manager and in conjunction with KCF’s LVN.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Maintains documentation of all services in an accurate and timely manner as related to the nursing assessments and progress notes.
- Provides specialized nursing services for KCF clients
- Analyzes nursing services and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Provides general nursing services including AIMS screenings, vital signs, BMI, and UAs.
- Provides coordination of medical and behavioral health care including monitoring lab requests, reviewing and reporting of lab results to physician, and following and monitoring the coordination of other outside referrals for EKG’s, sleep studies etc.
- Provides psychoeducation and supportive services including Skills Training, Case Management and Medication Training and Support.
- Provides nursing services as part of the agency’s wellness activities; i.e. TB testing, flu shots, etc.
- Provides Continuity of Care for individuals discharging from state and local inpatient facilities.
- Reviews medical records and client assessments to determine compliance with policies and procedures, correctness of assessments, and/or quality of services.
- May detect, record, investigate, and report infections and communicable diseases, taking corrective action as appropriate.
- Provide Clinical Consultation for LVN on staff.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Current and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas Required
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program Required
- Experience working with Child and Adolescents Preferred
Hours: Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: 43,000 Annual
Location: 31105 Jefferson Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Key words: Registered nurse, psychiatric nurse
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position