Performs complex administrative and/or technical program assistance work including direct client contact unique to a particular function within the agency. Work involves the application of knowledge and independent judgment in the implementation, application, and monitoring of complex rules and standards and the assurance of compliance with them. Works under the general supervision of an administrative superior, and is allowed considerable discretion in planning and arranging work according to standard procedures.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Coordinates the many functions of the front desk at the Clifton Street Clinic including scheduling for various staff agency wide as it relates to Admissions and Crisis Services.
- Provides oversight of the timely completion of ANSA’s, FA’s, diagnostics, and appropriate assignments of clients required for admission to adult MH services agency wide as well as clients being seen by on site psychiatrist.
- Conducts initial Financial Assessments for consumers seeking services and enters into Center’s Financial Assessment software. Ensures phone numbers and addresses are updated in the CABS system and FA database.
- Provides administrative support for Clifton Street Clinic including answering incoming calls, assisting individuals with initial paperwork, directing individuals to appropriate staff based on needs.
- Provides ongoing assistance to Clifton Street Clinic departments (Admissions, MCOT, COC, PATH, Wood Group, OSAR) including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, filing, copying, answering a multi-lined telephone system, taking messages, delivering messages, maintaining appointment schedules, and writing/preparing correspondence.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, building maintenance, center vehicle repairs, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains record keeping system for files and records
- Assist Unit Supervisors and Crisis Services Director with special projects and assignments
- Assist with filing in individual records as needed
- Assist with faxing, copying, etc as requested .
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Provides ongoing assistance to Clifton Street Clinic departments (Admissions, MCOT, COC, PATH) including but not limited to: receiving and distributing mail, filing, answering a multi-lined telephone system, taking messages, delivering messages, maintaining appointment schedules, and writing.
- Conducts initial Financial Assessments for consumers seeking services and enters into Center's Financial Assessment software. Ensures phone numbers and addresses are updated in the CABS system and FA database.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, for case workers, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 10% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be PMAB and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 year of administrative and clerical experience maintaining records is required
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 1200 Clifton St Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Clifton Street Clinic
This is a full time position