The Human Resource Generalist performs routine human resources management duties on a professional level. This position assists as needed in areas such as, but not limited to, audit preparation, copying, data entry, filing, voucher preparations, and scheduling and conducting monthly benefits meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources management; of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classifications, employee relations, benefits, workers' compensation and of federal, state and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Time management skills needed in order to organize and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team oriented and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and learning styles.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and HRIS and timekeeping and payroll technology and programs
- Must display excellent organizational skills, time management, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work independently, set goals, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Adaptable to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations and stringent deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service mindset. Responsive nature with strong sense of urgency to handle matters quickly and accurately. MUST maintain confidential in ALL matters related to this position.
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Graduated from a accredited four year college or university with major coursework in human resources management, business administration or related field preferred
- Minimum high school diploma or GED Required
- At a minimum two (2) years human resources management experience and one (1) year of time keeping/payroll experience preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $32,000 Annually
Location: 110 S 12TH ST
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: Developmental Services
3420 W Waco Drive Waco, TX
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position