Under the supervision of the Program Director and Unit Supervisor, a Caseworker I performs assigned case management and psychosocial rehabilitation services to adults with mental illness in the community. This employee functions as part of the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) team to treatment plan, provide services, and coordinate care for collective caseload. Caseworker will work with all adult mental health programs with HOTRMHMR as well as outside entities such jail, hospitals, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of mental illness, rehabilitation skills training methods, and community resources.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other members of ACT team, other community resources, groups, business, and agencies etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to meet and maintain timely, professional, and ethical documentation standards.
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge.
- Time management skills required to meet agency-established service goals.
- Local travel to consumer homes, hospitals, and other community settings.
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified.
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in social work, psychology, or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing required.
- 2 years of case management experience preferred.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $30,000-$36,172 DOQ
Location: 114 S 12th St Waco TX 76701
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: ACT Assertive Community Treatment Team
This is a full time position