Under the immediate supervision of the School Based Mental Health Program Manager and the Director of Clinical Services/Assistant Director performs assigned individual, group and/or family therapy and skills training services in the Lorena ISD school setting.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Interviews clients, their relatives, and other interested individuals and agencies to obtain social and developmental histories to discover social/psychological problems in order to provide intake assessments, treatment planning and diagnoses.
- Manages crises as needed.
- Performs therapeutic treatment with clients or relatives of clients, under supervision of the KCF’s Director of Clinical Services.
- Participates as a team member in both school and mental health Inter-disciplinary team meetings designed for the diagnosis and treatment of clients.
- Provides Behavioral Health training to school personnel and works in conjunction with school personnel to develop and implement Individualized Education Plans, Behavior Intervention Plans, etc.
- May supervise other therapists, volunteers, and students.
- May act as liaison between all appropriate agencies, teachers, physicians, relatives of clients and community resources for purposes of admission, treatment and discharge planning.
- Increases knowledge of psychotherapeutic and social work concepts by attendance at work related outside conferences and seminars whenever possible.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community partners
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Master's degree in a human service field required
- LPC, LCSW, LMFT required OR currently under supervision for licensure
- 1 year Case Management experience Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $32,884 $45,000 DOE
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 1105 Jefferson Ave, Waco TX
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position