This service coordination position is to monitor and advocate for consumer’s needs in the HCS waiver program. The individual in this position should be able to effectively interact with consumers/families, service providers, as well as community resources. This position requires independent and objective judgment. The person in this position must work independently within specific guidelines; must be able to effectively work with the provider to develop the Person Directed Plan as well as IPC and IDRC. The person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and through written documentation. Experience in a social service setting is preferred.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Conduct interviews with consumers and families to gather information on likes, dislikes, goals, health and safety concerns, and needs.
- Coordinate the Service Planning Team including the individual, family, Service Coordinator, and others as requested by the individual/LAR.
- Identify community resources available to the individual that are non-waiver funded.
- Provide monitoring of consumers outcomes to ensure adequacy and quality of services being provided.
- Complete initial IPC and participate in the renewal and revision of IPC’s as required by HCS rule.
- Completing documentation related to service provision, including Person Directed Plans, Individual Plans of Care, ICSR’s, IDRC’s and CARE data entry as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Constant travel to provide services for clients, including regional travel about 20% of time and local travel about 80% of time
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and SAMA certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology or related field required
- 1 year of experience in case management and/or IDD preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$37,450 DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Developmental Services
This is a full time position