A Case Manager provides evaluation, consultation and intervention with youth and families in the community. Also participates in conducting psychosocial programming with this population as part of the clinical team.
Examples of Work Performed
- Works with youth and their families in school, mental health, community, home and office setting.
- Works with school personnel and school case managers for the purposes of creating and maintaining individualized service array for families.
- Provides case management and some skills training with children and families.
- Makes assessment and psychosocial evaluations and recommendations.
- Refers families o clients to appropriate social welfare and health agencies to obtain assistant.
- Performs related work and required
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Knowledge of emotional problems and treatment approaches
- Provides case management and some skills training with children and families
- Local travel to consumer homes, school, and other community settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 20% local travel and 10% regional travel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing Required
- 1 year Case management experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$37,450 Annual DOQ
Location: Klaras Center for Families
1105 Jefferson Ave. Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position