School Based Case Manager will participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive case management services in the school setting. Case manager will work closely with a Licensed Counselor (LPC, LCSW) to provide services to identified clients on a particular campus. In conjunction with the counselor, the case manager will work to develop and enhance relationships between mental health providers, school personnel, clients and their families. Case manager will provide individual, group and/or family skills training as needed.
Example of work performed:
- Works with youth and their families in mental health, home or office settings.
- Provides case management and some skills training with children and families.
- Makes assessment and psychosocial evaluations and recommendations.
- Refers families of clients to appropriate social welfare and health agencies to obtain assistance.
- Performs Related Work as Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel 30% to consumer homes, school, and other community settings
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required. 30% local travel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related health services field
- 1 year case management experience preferred but not required
Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM with some flexibility required to accommodate the school schedule
Salary: $35,000-$37,450 ANNUALLY DOQ + $5000 Regional Stipend
Location: Klaras Center for Families
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position