The Behavior Support Specialist works with consumers, families, and community providers in an effort to meet therapeutic goals of consumers in the Children's Autism Program. Coordinates & provides services for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities, and for consumers with dual with dual diagnosis. This person will develop and monitor Person-Directed Plans, train others on Behavior Support and provide resources and referrals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Duties include but are not limited to monitoring and assessing consumer behavior, preparing training plans, and teaching consumer social, communication, and coping skills.
- Conduct parent training in ABA techniques
- Facilitates and provides training in ABA techniques, including shaping, prompting, fading, chaining, errorless learning;
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Frequent travel to provide services for clients, including regional travel about 50% of time and local travel 50% of time.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required; RBT Certification preferred
- 1 year of experience in IDD preferred, with preference given to those who have worked with individuals who have challenging behaviors and provide ABA services
- A bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or related field preferred
- 1 year of case management experience preferred
Hours: M-F 8A-5PM with weekends as needed
Salary: $30,000-$33,280 annually/$ (depending upon educational level and RBT certification or both)
Location: 312 S. 4th St., Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Childrens Autism Program
This is a full time position