Responsible for providing oversight of peer related services in the veteran’s services program and ensures achievement of all contract agreement requirements. The position requires skills in volunteer management as well as program development. Marketing and establishing new community partnerships are a critical to recruitment and program growth. This person will promote an atmosphere conducive to cooperation and collaborative work among staff and volunteers which fosters morale, personnel development, program growth, and high quality of clinical care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the MVPN Peer Services Coordinator with compliance of all contract elements as well as agency, state, and federal requirements.
- Assists in oversight of peer related services in the veteran’s services program including training for volunteers/peers.
- Participates in activity planning and provision of training as required by performance contract.
- Serves as the agency representative in community events related to veteran and/or other peer programming. Maintains cooperative working relationships with community and state services agencies in order to ensure coordination of services to clients.
- Recruits new volunteers to the program as well as works to establish and enhance veteran resources.
- Maintains social media site, assigned calendars, rosters and peer/volunteer schedules for coordination of service provision at the Veterans One Stop.
- Assists in data collection for reports and contact with peers/volunteers per state contract.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 10% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be PMAB and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Position requires a High School Diploma and 2-3 relevant employment.
- 1 year clerical experience in professional office or similar setting Required
- Veteran or Veteran Family member (Immediate) Preferred.
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ste A, Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Veterans One Stop
This is a full time position