The clinical assistant will work directly with Adult Parole and Probation Departments, Texas Department of Criminal Justice and other outside agencies. The clinical assistant will be responsible for performing complex administrative and/or technical program assistance work including direct client contact unique to particular function within the agency. Work involves the application of knowledge and independent judgment in the implementation, application and monitoring of complex rules and standards and the assurance of compliance with them. Works under the general supervision of an administrative superior, and is allowed considerable discretion in planning and arranging work according to standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy
- Conducts Financial Assessments and updates using the Financial Assessment software system.
- Assist unit director with special projects.
- Update consumer address and phone number in CABS system.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, building maintenance, center vehicle repairs, etc.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintain record keeping system.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 20% local travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 30 pounds
- Ability to be PMAB and CPR certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year office experience Require
- Bilingual (Spanish) Preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $23,000 annually/$11.0577 hourly
2010 La Salle, Waco TX 76704
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Department: Behavioral Justice Center
This is a full time position