The purpose of this position is to manage and perform network and systems administrative duties for the Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network [HOTBHN]. This is accomplished by performing project administration; Design, implement and manage security camera systems; managing and maintaining Microsoft technologies such as Azure, Office 365, Windows Servers, on-premise and cloud applications and recommending necessary corrective actions; ensuring IT documents/certificates such as product licensing; implementing, administering, and maintaining databases; and performing routine preventive maintenance on hardware and software. Responsibilities include troubleshooting servers, workstations, wireless and LAN/WAN networks, software applications, phones, printers, copiers and other IT technologies; ensuring compliance with all software licensing agreements; ensuring networks, workstations, operating systems, and software applications are operational; ensuring server hardware and software patches are applied and up-to-date; and ensuring all broadband circuits are operational. Additional duties include preparing, maintaining, and testing system level backups and disaster recovery plan; interacting with vendors and center employees; Aligning IT infrastructure with current and future business requirements and goals with new IT technologies; travel to within the centers six county service area.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (not all inclusive)
- Performs tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources.
- Confers with network users on how to solve system problems.
- Monitors remote network locations and communicates with those locations to obtain clarification of problems and to identify solutions or corrective actions.
- Setup and deployment of Windows servers
- Maintain and deploy Virtual infrastructure and Backup environment
- Maintain and configure Storage infrastructure
- Maintain internal office services, (Domain Controllers, Office 365, Active Directory Environment, GPOs, Endpoint Protection, etc.)
- Maintain VoIP systems
- Maintain Axis Security camera system
- Ensuring the integrity of data storage and backup systems
- Using security tools to protect the network from hackers, malware, and other threats
- Anticipating problems and resolving them before they impact users when possible
- Testing software and reviewing application logs
- Adding, removing, or updating user information like passwords or internal email addresses
- Internal IT support
- Attending meetings and leading computer training sessions
- May cross train others.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of network facilities and data processing techniques, of personal computer hardware and software, of network operating system and security software and performance monitoring and capacity management tools.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and resolve network problems; to communicate effectively; and to train others.
- Excellent written communication and keyboarding
- Excellent verbal communication with staff and outside companies
- Time management and organization required
- Some local and regional travel to Center offices
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, climbing ladders, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Experience in local or wide area network work.
- Graduation from an accredited two-year college or university with major coursework in computer science, management information systems, or a related field is generally preferred.
- Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $73,165 Annual
Location: Main Center 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position