Hope Case Manager will provide coordination of community supports, family supports, case management, skills training, and other services for clients in the Hope Project. Also provides community outreach and participates in conducting psychosocial programming with this population as part of a clinical team.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provides Emergency Shelter for child and adolescent victims of sex trafficking and conducts safety planning, individualized and immediate trauma-responsive case management (including connecting the child to needed medical and behavioral health care, legal, and other resources to meet basic needs).
- Performs initial screening, assessment, treatment planning, and referrals as appropriate.
- Works with youth and their families in mental health, home, school, or community settings.
- Provides case management and skills training with youth and families.
- Facilitates discharge planning.
- Refers youth and families to local community supports as needed.
- Participates in conducting community outreach with
- local and regional partners, CSEY, law enforcement, and schools with the aim of identifying and supporting child and adolescent victims of sex trafficking.
- Performs Related Work as Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to consumer homes, school, and other community settings about 30% of time and 20% regional travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods, and lifting 15 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- 1 year of case management experience preferred
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a mental health setting preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$41,195 Annual DOQ
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: Klaras Center for Families
7452 S 3rd St . Waco, TX
Department: Klaras Center for Families
This is a full time position