Provides supervision and clinical support of the Outpatient Competency Restoration (OCR) Program. Is responsible for unit operations, clinical practices, service documentation, and all relevant personnel matters. Coordinates with local courts, county attorneys, defense attorneys to provide screenings to individuals who have been declared incompetent to stand trial (IST) and who have been referred for consideration to the OCR Program. Performs intake assessments and ensures all clinical documentation is completed for OCR Program participants. Provides legal stakeholders with required updates on OCR participants. Works under moderate supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health Justice-Involved Programs with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement in carrying out details of the work.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Provides screenings for individuals referred to the OCR program by local judicial stakeholders.
- Provides mental health assessments and substance use screenings for all OCR program participants.
- Provides regular updates to judicial stakeholder on OCR participant progress.
- Provides supervision and clinical support of the OCR Program.
- Ensures accurate clinical documentation and appropriate treatment plans for individuals in OCR program.
- Ensures appropriate continuity of care for all OCR program participants.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of mental illness, substance use disorders and emotional components of physical illness
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system and judicial procedures
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Supervisory skills including problem resolution and maintaining relationships with community partners.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and duties.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- Local travel 90% of the time, and Regional Travel 10% of time.
- Responsible for determining eligibility and overseeing unit compliance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's and Master's in social work, counseling, psychology marriage and family or related field. Required
- Education may be substituted for experience on a year-for year basis up to 2 years
- 1 Year Case management experience Preferred
- Full licensed as LPC, LCSW, or LMFT, PhD, or PsyD. Required
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F (other times as needed to meet the needs of the unit)
Salary: $ 48,400 - $52,400 Annual Salary
Location: 2010 LaSalle Ave Suite B, Waco TX
Heart of Texas Region MHMR strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Department: 2010 LaSalle Ave #B Waco, Texas
This is a management position
This is a full time position