The Human Resource payroll/generalist performs routine payroll duties on a professional level. This position assists verifying payroll data and changes and run biweekly payroll in the payroll system. Investigate and resolve payroll related issues. Monitor and adjust as needed any payroll issues and amounts including prior period adjustments, benefit deductions, 401K, etc. Upload 401K files after running payroll. After each payroll run Overtime Report and Manual Punch reports. At the end of each month run the Turnover Report. Set up and record FMLA requests in the JJ Keller FMLA Tracking software. Ensure that all paperwork has been received for FMLA and monitor hours taken and notify HR Director a biweekly report of hours taken. Set up and maintain Supervisor File in Shared Drive of the Staff Job Duties and the Performance Evaluations. Assist HR Director with various special projects, and reports. Assist as needed in areas such as, but not limited to audit preparations, copying, data entry, filing, distribution and receiving HR mail, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Time management skills needed in order to organize and manage multiple priorities under pressure.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team oriented and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and learning styles.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and HRIS and timekeeping and payroll technology and programs
- Must display excellent organizational skills, time management, confidentiality and attention to detail
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to work independently, set goals, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Adaptable to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations and stringent deadlines and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service mindset. Responsive nature with strong sense of urgency to handle matters quickly and accurately. MUST maintain confidential in ALL matters related to this position.
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Graduated from a accredited four year college or university with major coursework in human resources management, business administration or related field preferred
- Minimum high school diploma or GED Required
- At a minimum two (2) years human resources management experience and one (1) year of time keeping/payroll experience preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $45,000 Annually
Location: 110 S 12TH ST, Waco, TX
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position