RHY Safety Net Case Manager will provide coordination of community supports, family supports, case management, Navigation, outreach, skills training, aftercare, and other necessary services for clients in the Homeless Youth Safety Net Project. Also participates in conducting psychosocial programming with this population as part of a clinical team.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Works with youth and their families in mental health, home, school or community settings.
- Provides case management and skills training with youth and families.
- Performs initial screening and referrals as appropriate
- Provides assessment and treatment planning
- Facilitates discharge planning and provides after care support
- Assists youth in establishing stable/permanent housing
- Refers youth and families to local community supports as needed
- Provides education, Navigation, and outreach to facilitate broader support of youth
- Performs Related Work as Required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written communication and basic computer knowledge for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with consumers, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Local travel to local jail, consumer homes and other community settings
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's in social work, psychology or related field with ability to obtain Qualified Mental Health Professional credentialing
- 1 years of case management experience preferred
- Experience working with homeless population preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM with other as needed
Salary: $35,000-$41,195 ANNUAL DOQ
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: 7452 S 3rd St Waco, Texas 76706
Department: Klaras Center for Families Crisis Respite
This is a full time position