The Revenue Cycle Manager will develop strategic plans and ongoing performance improvement initiatives to optimize successful account adjudication, exceptional collections, and high levels of customer service throughout the revenue cycle. Responsibilities include working with the Executive Management Team from across the system to execute a vision, optimize processes, deliver quality services and reports, manage case collections, maximize technology, and ensure support for the community while complying with related regulations. This position manages processes and provides guidance, direction, and support to encompass all aspects of the revenue cycle, including but not limited to clinic revenue operations, coding, charge capture, account follow-up, and denial management.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Reviews, designs, and implements systematic approaches to maximize revenue and cash flow, while minimizing bad debt to ensure that the agency revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized.
- Provides leadership, organization structure, and management for realistic long-range planning as well as day-to-day operations for patient financial services
- Actively works with the Executive Management Team to review revenue cycle performance and pursue ways to improve the cash flow
- Addresses regulatory reimbursement and managed care issues related to revenue cycle management
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that the clinical revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized
- Direct technology related activities to achieve desired goals and maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Interacts with vendors and various departments that impact revenue cycle management results including Billing, Case Management, UM, IT, and Consumer Benefits
- Attend regular meetings and committees as related to patient financial services, revenue cycle, contracts, and any other areas as directed
- Gain an understanding of the relationships between the revenue cycle and the key stakeholders at HOTBHN. Develop an understanding of the agency’s mission, strategy, and goals; establish personal and professional credibility, gain respect, and build trust with HOTBHN leadership.
- Develop high quality metric driven revenue cycle function which values best practices and performance
- Establish collaborative relationships with third party payers and lead efforts to identify ways to improve reimbursement performance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A strong leader and team player who has an approachable demeanor and a collaborative style; a politically savvy leader who can establish trust and confidence quickly with a wide range of constituents.
- Convey an uncompromising commitment to the value of partnering with key stakeholders to identify solutions for future challenges, with the ability to define success in terms of institution-wide goals and objectives.
- Highly oriented toward transparency, employee engagement, communication, and development of a high-performance culture.
- Creative and effective problem solver who demonstrates a commitment to customer service excellence.
- Aptitude for building relationships based upon team participation, integrity, trust, reliability, openness, and confidence. Possess the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the organization, from those in the executive team to non-exempt staff.
- Hands-on approach to management with the ability to be strategic and to see the big picture, while remaining attentive to detail.
- An individual who is capable of absorbing input on multiple issues.
- An individual who is organized, with exemplary follow-through skills.
- A leader who can think strategically, the proactively implement strategies in a logical and timely manner.
- A decisive leader who holds people accountable while promoting a team philosophy.
- Can make necessary and perhaps unpopular decisions.
- Demonstrates commitment to achieving goals while establishing a culture of responsibility and fairness.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is preferred
- 5 years’ experience with hospital or LMHA EMR system and experience with revenue cycle management
Registration, Certifications or Licensure
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and current and continued proof of automobile liability insurance. Must be insurable by the Center’s liability carrier if the employee operates a Center vehicle or drives a personal car on Center business.
Hours: M-F, 8AM-5PMSalary: DOE
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: 110 South 12th Street Waco, Texas 76701
Department: Main Center
This is a full time position