The Medical Director provides on-site clinical oversight of all licensed psychiatric services provided at Heart of Texas Behavior Health Network and is responsible for the effective and efficient leadership of provider performances. This position involves directing psychiatric activities; monitoring trends and activities, making recommendations for improvement as appropriate; diagnosing and treating patients and administering specialized psychiatric treatments and/or procedures in/for all counties. This position is responsible for making recommendations on medical/clinical policies, new forms of treatment, the needs for equipment, facilities, staff and budgeting, and maintains the security of own working areas and work materials for confidentiality and compliance.
All staff Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners will report to the Medical Director and will be responsible for supervising, training, monitoring, and annually evaluating their performance. Provide clinical oversight and consultation to all locum tenens on-site and telemedicine psychiatrists while also performing random chart audits and monitoring their performance/productivity in order to provide feedback that promotes improvements.
This position is responsible for psychiatric services and to implement performance standards, monitoring, and applying continuous improvement processes to achieve high quality medical outcomes while appropriately managing compliance and risk. Also responsible for conducting psychiatric examinations, prescribing, and monitoring of psychotropic medications and other consumer/patient related services and completed associated documentation. Clinical services include psychiatric evaluations, diagnosis, referral and recommendation for services, court ordered evaluations, admissions for hospitalizations, medication management and cost savings through effective writing of prescriptions and other outpatient psychiatric services and outpatient psychiatric duties as assigned.
Participate in Management Team Meetings and will serve as the Utilization Management psychiatrist for the Center and will develop, review and implement medical policies and procedures and other policies and procedures relating to Utilization Management.
Provides consultation on all adverse determinations upon the request of the UM Manager, and for reviewing all first level appeals of adverse determinations. Resolve conflicts that may arise regarding the authorization of services that are not resolved through the usual procedures.
The Medical Director will serve on the Death Review Committee and works under general directions with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of psychiatric principles and methods; and procedures in the field of general medicine; and of the principles of the development, implementation and documentation of individualized care and treatment plans.
- Skill in the care and treatment of patients and their families; in the use of medical and psychiatric diagnostic and treatment tools and equipment; and in relating to other medical and non-medical service providers.
- Ability to examine, diagnose, and treat psychiatric conditions, to interpret psychological diagnoses and analyses; and to prepare and supervise the preparation of medical records.
- Working Knowledge of community collaboration with key health stakeholders, other divisions of the Department, and other County departments and ability to maintain effective relationships.
- Knowledge of principles of personnel supervision, evaluation and training.
- Knowledge of program management and program direction.
- Knowledge of productivity management.
- Manage division productivity to ensure that the budget targets are met.
- Knowledge of customer service delivery.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel as needed.
- Must maintain a safe driving record to ensure continued coverage under the Center's insurance carrier.
- Must be proficient in computer usage and electronic health records
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management required to meet service goals
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Graduated from an approved medical degree program and completion of approved on-year internship.
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Texas and maintain good standing with the Texas Medical Board.
- Must have completed a three to four year residency program approved for the specialty practice of Psychiatry.
- Must have training and experience in the use, application and administration of medication used in the field of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Must be certified by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (ABPN)
- Valid TX Driver's License.
Hours: 8:00AM-5:00PM (Monday - Friday) Fulltime
Salary Negotiable depending on license and experience
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
10 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings)
**Certain Requirements Needed**
Location: 110 S 12th St. Waco, TX
Department: Main Center
This is a management position
This is a full time position