Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network – Klaras Children’s Center ECI
Klaras Children’s Center Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) is looking for a dynamic Early Childhood Intervention Specialist/Service Coordinator (EIS/SC) to provide specialized skills training and case management services to ECI children birth to 3 years old who have a developmental delay or disability. Position Incentives include flexible schedules and a rewarding work environment. Comprehensive benefit package includes health plan, competitive salary, paid holidays, generous personal time off, employee assistance program, etc.
Salary: $45,000-$52,965 Annual DOE
401K: Employee contributes 4% and Center matches with 12%
Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Life insurance provided at no cost to employee
Time off: 12 Paid Holidays plus Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equipment Provided: Center laptop and cell phone
Mileage: Paid at state rate; some agency cars available. Travel and the use of a personal vehicle is required.
The EIS/SC job duties include:
- provide specialized skills training to parents and caregivers in the child's natural environment (home, daycare, etc.)
- participate in initial and ongoing developmental assessments, Individual Family Services Plan (IFSP) planning, and communicating with an interdisciplinary team regarding progress and changes as needed with ECI client.
- provide case management to address the child’s educational, social, medical and developmental needs.
- provide parents and caregivers strategies to meet the child's specific developmental needs.
- proficiency with computers and programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Excellent written communication and computer keyboarding for inputting clinical documentation that meets Medicaid requirements.
- Self-directed work, individually or with a team.
- Travel within 6 county region up to 2 hours at a time.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Education, Social Work, Child Development, Communication Disorders, Psychology, Sociology, or related field, with minimum: 18 hours related to early childhood intervention, 3 hours of which must: be in childhood development or childhood special education.
- Ability to complete and maintain the Texas HHS Early Intervention Specialist/Service Coordinator (EIS/SC) Certification Process (on-the-job training provided) within 1 year of hire date.
- Ability to be CPR/First Aid certified.
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required.
Additional Info: Flexible schedule, No weekend or Holiday work.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM:
Location: Klaras Children's Center, 6400 Imperial Dr., Waco, Tx. 76712
For more information contact:
Klaras Children’s Center - Program Manager
Phone: (254) 297-7744
Department: Klaras Children's Center ECI
This is a full time position