This is a full-time position that will oversee the daily operation of the Children’s Autism Program, assuring that internal and HHSC Autism Program policies and procedures are followed. The primary job duties entail assuring that children are on-boarded accurately, that services are provided as required, that the state autism database is kept accurate, and that billing to CAP is accurate and timely. The job also requires interaction with private insurance providers, TMHP and Medicaid to assure that, for families with third party payers, authorizations are acquired, and services provided are billed timely and paid. Maintains clinical records to maintain compliance with Autism program standards. The person in this position will also provide administrative support including completing a variety of requisitions for the department, ordering supplies, maintaining the fleet vehicle(s) assigned to the program, and managing petty cash for the program.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Assures that clinical records, internally and in the State Autism registry are thorough and accurate.
- Provides accurate and thorough enrollments of children to the program.
- Initiates Private Insurance and Medicaid requests for service authorizations.
- Works with Center accounting to assure accurate and thorough billing of services to private insurance and Medicaid.
- Enters required information in the state Autism registry; completes billing invoices and uploads support data to the billing portal on a monthly basis.
- Participates in Caritas audits.
- Provides administrative support including collecting data forms, entering data, ordering supplies, photo coping and emailing.
- Manages company vehicle(s) for the unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication with clients, employees, and external agencies
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and fax/scan/copy.
- Prepares vouchers and purchase orders for supplies, for case workers, etc.
- Must display excellent organizational skills and time management
- 90% local travel and 10% Regional travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, keyboarding for prolonged periods and lifting 50 pounds
- Ability to be PMAB and CPR certified
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and ability export reports to excel
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Full time previous employment or volunteer experience in the field of Intellectual and Development Disabilities and Autism and with direct support experience given preference. Preferred
- Additional preference may be given to an individual with extensive office experience including data entry and financial reporting experience. Preferred
Hours: 8AM-5PM M-F
Salary: $33,280 Annual/$16.00 Hourly
Location: 613 - 3420 W Waco Dr Waco TX
Heart of Texas Region Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
This is a full time position