The purpose of this position is to perform desktop support administrative duties for the Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network [HOTBHN] IT Helpdesk. This is accomplished by performing support for IT helpdesk program work. Work involves providing first-line assistance for operational problems of center information technology systems and operating automated office equipment in a stand-alone, network environment. Works under general supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment; travel to within the centers six county service area.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (not all inclusive)
- Reviews and prioritizes incoming operational issues and requests for technical assistance related to computers, software, and standard office equipment; identifies and logs the type of problem or request; and monitors the status to ensure a timely resolution.
- Provides routine technical assistance troubleshooting software and hardware problems, as well as problems involving office equipment such as phones, printers, and fax machines; and recognizes and escalates difficult problems to a higher level of support.
- Provides guidance to employees on installation standards, operating standards, new procedures, and peripheral equipment functions.
- Performs backups and system cleanup, and assists in the issuing of equipment to staff and the returning of equipment.
- Installs, maintains, and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, or information resources equipment.
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken, and installation activities.
- Sets up computers and other office equipment for employees; installs standard software; ensures proper installation of cables; and helps users resolve common hardware, software, and network connectivity issues.
- Schedules mainframe batch processing jobs.
- Assigns logons and rights, print queues, and directory structures; resets passwords; troubleshoots internet and phone outages; creates departmental groups; and runs security software.
- May assist in the review and recommendation of the procurement and inventory of information resources hardware or software.
- May analyze call logs to track common trends and underlying problems.
- May maintain inventory of information technology assets.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operations; information systems; computer software and hardware; information security policies and procedures; and local and wide area networks.
- Skill in the support of computers, the use of applicable programs and systems, and troubleshooting information systems.
- Ability to operate information technology systems, to troubleshoot and repair equipment, and to communicate effectively.
- Excellent written communication and keyboarding
- Excellent verbal communication with staff and outside companies
- Time management and organization required
- Some local and regional travel to Center offices
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, crawling, climbing ladders, and keyboarding for prolonged periods
- Safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR certified
- Valid driver's license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Experience in computer systems support work.
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent, supplemented by courses in computer science, is generally preferred.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Salary: $12.00 Hourly
Location: 6400 Imperial Drive
This is a prn position