Kitty Hawk Kites is looking to add an experienced buyer to their team. Ideal candidate will have experience with sportswear and surf lines. Do you like to work hard and play hard? Are you passionate and driven with a great sense of customer service and ready to join us in our mission to teach the world to fly? Check out the job description below and apply online today!
SUMMARY This position is very important to the overall operation of Kitty Hawk Kites/ Kitty Hawk Surf Co. This job is responsible for budgeting, purchasing, merchandising, training, and selling of all product for their line. Will develop plans with management in regards to sales, gross margin dollars. Must understand product and consumers. Will analyze and identify trends and how to accurately buy for multiple locations. Will spend time in stores working with both internal and external customers. Understands and brings to life for all associates the Vision, Mission and Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop goals for sales, markup and gross margin dollars while considering who the customer is, resource structure, major vendors, price points, and trends.
· Analyze trends and sales data to develop a written strategy to grow category.
· Develop and analyze open-to-buy plans and inventory stock levels by store to maximize sales and profit goals.
· Plan, analyze, and execute major vendor programs for targeted growth areas.
· Negotiate with vendors for best possible terms, discounts, and freight costs. Analyze vendor performance and adjust as necessary.
· Identify and test new merchandise; identify and maximize hot selling items, identify and liquidate slow items.
· Shop and be aware of the competition and what is happening in the industry.
· Define the department point of view and make sure it is conveyed clearly and concisely to management, store manager, and the marketing.
· Visit stores throughout the week to insure correct merchandise presentation, stock levels, signage, and markdowns. Communicate with store managers on any issues.
· Work with the warehouse to insure correct flow of merchandise, replenish stores from back stock in warehouse.
· Review sales reports and identify what needs to be replenished on a weekly basis – reorder product as needed to keep stores stocked.
· Will be responsible for covering shifts in the store each week.
· Will be responsible for processing merchandise in the warehouse during peak season as needed.
· Train store personnel on products and how to merchandise products.
· Will attend trade shows.
· Other duties throughout the company as needed.
· Communicate and support other buyers and product lines as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES No direct supervisory duties.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Good communication skills – both verbal and written.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1/3 of your time will be spent standing, walking, using hands, reaching, talking and hearing. Around 1/3 of your time may involve climbing, stooping, kneeling or crawling. The remainder of your time will be spent sitting at a desk and working with computers. Lifting in necessary and will vary, you can expect to lift up to 25 lbs. on rare occasions expect to lift more but we recommend using a buddy system at these times. Good vision is a requirement of this position, with importance placed on clear, distance and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In most cases this position will be indoors in a climate controlled environment. There are occasions when work outdoors will be necessary, when this happens one can expect to deal with the natural elements. The noise level in this position is moderate.Kitty Hawk Kites, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Department: Kitty Hawk Kites
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs