The Equipment/Tools Superintendent will be assigned in a supervisory capacity, directing fleet equipment operations for a project or area, ensuring compliance with specifications, and schedule & budget in accordance with project policies, procedures, and instructions.
1. Plans, directs, and controls the maintenance of fleet equipment and maintenance of service documents.
2. Monitors fleet usage.
3. Manages preventive maintenance and repair program.
4. Identifies, plans, directs, and assists with repairs of fleet equipment.
5. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished.
6. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
7. Oversees equipment maintenance systems reporting and equipment records management.
8. Evaluates and prepares workforce requirements.
9. Prepares equipment operating cost budgets.
10. Reviews and approves Field Material Requisitions (FMR’s) for repair and maintenance requirements.
11. Monitors the activities of proposed subcontractors or vendors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
12. Provides training to ensure adherence and understanding of safe equipment usage requirements and practices.
Knowledge of the following equipment (or equivalents):
- Caterpillar Earth-moving Equipment
- Terex and Grove cranes
- IR forklifts
- Grove Manlifts
- Caterpillar, Cummins, and Perkins engines.
• Knowledge of multi-discipline construction and/or operating functions.
• Knowledge of safety requirements and practices.
• Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
• A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR specialized courses in construction technology and management, AND/OR prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
• Knowledge of heavy-industrial equipment management work processes and procedures.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
• Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
• Knowledge in the use of subcontracts and the contractor and subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
• Excellent customer relations and communication skills.
This is a 2 year term assignment.
Department: PA Chemical Jobsite
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs